Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ok I caved

So I am one of those people that hates doing something just because everyone else does, however having a place where I could vent my thoughts seemed like a good plan. This is the second time I have caved on something in recent weeks. I was talked into reading Twilight. It is a good story and interesting but not worth my time to read the rest of the series. I can hear about it from everyone else!! Haa haa...ahhh the benefits of living with 4 girls.

Finals are coming and thank goodness!! My finals week should be easy I just finished up a 11 page paper. It was very difficult for me I have a hard time writing for english classes and it was in APA format which I had never done before. The research itself was interesting. I researched how to create a non-profit. Some of you may know, it is my goal in life to own a salon and have a non profit organization to help the less fortunate. My main focus is battered women and children. The paper was fantastic because it motivated me to do the reasearch I needed to do to decide how to make my plans happen. I disovered that with a little hard work and some blessings from the Lord my plan is in fact a not to distant reality!!! It was rather inspiring to realize something I want so bad is possible.

So I guess the moral of this story is don't complain about 11 page research papers, they can be a benefit to your plans! :)

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

I'm glad your paper turned out to be so beneficial! Yay Shawna! By the way...I invited you to my blog through your school email account. It's a private blog so that's the only way you can get on is if I invite you to join. Just thought I'd let you know. :) We both joined the blogging world at about the same time, isn't that funny?!

Anonymous said...

yeah shawna marie!!!! what what!!!!