Sunday, November 28, 2010

A little reminder

So things since Nauvoo have been....well amazing. I have been working in the Cultural Arts department at the Conference Center in Salt Lake. We have been costuming the play Savior of the World. We also costumed for El Salvador del Mundo, which you may have guessed is the spanish version. It has been a great experience. El Salvador del Mundo was being filmed for distribution and so costuming for it was a bit of a challenge, there is also the fact that hispanic people tend to be shorter and narrower than caucasian people. The production ran for one week so it was hard to see all the cast go. We miss them a lot and had so much fun! It was hard for me because I was just starting to get to know some of the cast members and make friends. But hopefully I can continue to keep in contact with them. Savior of the World has been running for just over a week now and it has also been fun but very different. This was the first year El Salvador del Mundo has worked in the Conference Center Theater but Savior of the World has been running for several years. So working with the El Salvador cast I was on equal footing (being new to the theater myself) and with Savior of the World it is like joining an already established group of friends. So it is a little more challenging. But it is so fun! I am so happy to be here and living in Salt Lake!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

It's about time you updated! lol. I'm so glad you are having these awesome experiences...and that you think they are awesome!