Thursday, July 29, 2010

Don't judge a book by it's firsts chapter

So people here are awesome! I love them very much but I won't lie there have been a few people who welll....let's just say it's a bit more challenging to love them. But when I try it just works...Also people change sometime they are just in an uncomfortable situation when you first see them or even the first few times and then suddenly they surprise you. For example, there is one guy in the core cast that I just feel soooo awkward talking to, nearly every other cast member has been fine and easy to get to know....a couple of times at lunch he has sat with us sewing ladies but he never looks at me or seems to acknowledge my existance in anyway. Today he came and sat right by me and still no recognition. I was kind of annoyed at that point and just decided he was a grumpy guy and I didn't need to get to know him. Then today on my way in to do costumes I ran into him several times. Each time he gave me a big smile and waved. I was slightly baffled. I actually talked to him tonight at the dance. It was still kind of weird and I had NO idea what to say but I think the feeling was mutual. I think that he is just a bit shy, despite the fact he is an actor. Then again I am the exact same way. Anyhow, I realized that I just to conclusions and I shouldn't have. Prehaps he has not been feeling well or something like that, who knows. But he did me a favor tonight which I really appreciated. Nauvoo has helped me change my perspective, I am sure it will take several times of coming here but I think coming has put me on a path that will better allow me to serve the Lord. I love this place, I love the people here, and I love the people who were here. Their sacrifice made it possible for us to live the way we do today!! Love you all!! Good night. :)

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

Tyler has always been an example to me in the area of not jumping to conclusions. I'm more likely to assume the worst rather than the best...and like you I've now been put in a situation where that will need to change. Sounds like you are well on your way...keep it up!!!