Wednesday, July 21, 2010

100% humidity, 110% Exhaustion

So as you can tell from the title...I am a bit wore out. Thank goodness I have tomorrow morning off!!! Today was AMAZING though!! It started out with an amazing devotional given by the music director named Paul. He talked about the "ordinary" miracles in our lives. They are many!! It never ceases to amaze me how much God does to let us know He loves us! From then on the day was just emotional. I went to the temple with Janee, it is AWESOME!! Someone told me that they tried to keep the materials and workmanship as close to the original Nauvoo temple as possible. It just amazes me!!! It is so so so stunning!! This place....it is special, I wish I could take what I am feeling and give it to all of you but words cannot describe. There is just a special witness of the Savior that those early Saints left. They left it in the words and deeds. They left it in their sacrifice and their undying faith. I am sure that they, like us, had moments of trial and weakness but they made it through and so can we!!!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

I'm so glad you got to go to the temple! I went to the open house years ago and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. They tried to do everything the way it would have been done originally, even the carpet. And the spirit there...it's so strong you almost think you should be able to reach out and actually touch it.