Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just what I needed

So the last couple of days I have been feeling a little weary, spiritually and physically. Not that I wasn't having fun in Nauvoo but I just felt....heavy I guess. Like I had so much on my mind. Well today we had a devotional given by the guy who used to play Parley P. Pratt, he is not the director his name is Paul Walstead. He is awesome! In the devotional he talked about how Satan tries to make us feel weary and he attacks us when he thinks we are weak. He then talked about when Nepho was commanded to build a boat. Nephi did not doubt or fear he just said "Ok where is the ore so I can build tools?" He also talked about Peter being a fisherman and how when the Savior walked across the water Peter got out of the boat in the middle of a storm even though he knew it was the safest place. It just touched me and I really felt like he was talking to me. He also said something that really touched me....he said "What defines who we are is the way we serve the Lord" It is my new motto.

Later in the day I was talking to one of the wonderful ladies I work with and she mentioned she served her mission in Belgium. I mentioned that two of my FHE brothers were from Belgium. She totally knew them when she was in Belgium!! How cool is that?? It is amazing how small a world it is! It really made Kathleen happy and it was cool.

No comments: