Friday, July 23, 2010

Pictures from Nauvoo!

Ok I hope this works. I never can get pictures to load right. :) Today was amazing! I got to spend time at several places in Nauvoo that are usually swarmed with people, but I was by myself. It was so special!! I even was in the Red Brick store by myself which is crazy!! It was wonderful! My car broke down (due to user error) but one of the ladies in the sewing room called her husband and he helped me see the error of my ways :) Because to that time I ended up going to the brick making place and listened to the presentation which was fun. The missionary that was working was talking to us afterwords and he mentioned the directions to get to Inspiration point, there is a clearing that overlooks the river. Joseph Smith used to go there and ponder and pray. I felt the Spirit so strongly there!! It was just amazing!! You can feel the strength of those early saints. I love it here! I also went to a couple of short plays today. One is called the Letters of Emma and Joseph, in it the people that play Joseph and Emma in the pageant recite exerpts from correspondence between the Prophet and his wife. Then I went to the King Follett discourse which was given shortly before the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum. Oh on another note I have been doing hair for two of the lead characters in the play which has been great!! I style Emma Smith's hair and also Becky Laird's hair, Becky is a fictional character but one that is a central roll for the portrayal of the story. I do the hair when Suzie (the costuming director) is busy, which lately has been quite often. I love it of course!

Ok here are the pics

The sky has been spectacular lately because of the crazy thunderstorms!

Check out facebook tomorrow for more!

1 comment:

Tenika Dennis said...

Pretty, pretty clouds!!! Hope your car is doing much better now!